Thursday, September 6, 2012

Recipe: Chickpea & Kale Noodle Soup


Mmmmm... soup. It is one of my favorite things in life. Give me a big bowl of brothy soup any day! Now that we are getting close to those cooler days of fall, you may be seeing a lot more soup recipes in the near future.

This particular recipe I found on Pinterest (completly addicted to that site. If you're on it, follow me!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Anyways, back to the recipe, I was searching around on Pinterest for a good soup that is easy and cheap to make. I stumbled upon this sweet recipe for Chickpea Noodle Soup over at Fresh365. It sounded delicious but I had a few initial concerns that I felt I needed to adjust for my tastes. That is the recipe I'm sharing with you, but please check out the original! Besides being an awesome blog, it has waaaaaaaaaaay better photos! I have yet to master the art of taking photos of food. I mean, I can do nice photos of things with and SLR (seeeeeee... here's my proof!) It's just digital SLR's take $$$... and I'm saving for a house. Got to have priorities! (and room for all my projects)
Now my version of this soup is different because
1) I like a good broth
2) I need something more than just noodles and chickpeas in my soup (it's a texture thing)


Chickpea & Kale Noodle Soup
(6 Servings)

Ingredients:
10 cups of broth (here's where you can change up the flavor, use beef, chicken, vegetable)
2 tablespoons Olive Oil (I used this awesome truffle oil I have)
1 tablespoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 regular sized box of spaghetti noodles
2 cans (about 15oz each) of Chickpeas, drained
2 cups chopped kale
Salt & Pepper to taste


1) In a large pot, bring broth to a boil
2) Add olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and pasta
3) Reduce heat to medium-high, and add chickpeas. Gently boil, for about 7 minutes (longer depending on your pasta. In other words, go check that box!) or until pasta is cooked through.
4) Add kale and cook for another minute
5) Season to taste with salt & pepper, then serve!

Added bonus to this recipe... 

If you have left overs, the next day the pasta slurps up all the left over broth and you're left with really creamy noodles. Add a bit of shredded parmesan and you've got a completely different meal. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Hi !!! Just stumbled over here from your lovely Pinterest boards!! What a great site!! Can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...