Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Recipe: Instant Hot Cocoa Mix

A few days ago I posted up a recipe for instant vanilla chai tea mix. On the website that I found that recipe on was also a recipe for instant hot cocoa mix! It sounded so yumy that I decided to gift that to people as well. I originally found the recipe over on momadvice.com. It sounded yummy and I decided to make it for everyone! The only problem I had with her recipe is it didn't really say how much it makes.
So this recipe makes 4 quart sized jars.
Ingredients:
8 cups nonfat dry milk powder
3 cups sugar
2 cup non-dairy coffee creamer
1 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 (4 ounce) packages instant chocolate fudge pudding
Take all the ingredients and put them in a really large bowl. Mix them together. I found that a combination of stirring with a whisk and then a spoon worked well.

Take a funnel and pour the mix into the quart sized jars. As you can tell from my counter this can be messy.


To make add 1/4 cup of powder to a mug of hot water.

Now, you could be done with it, however I was giving mine away as gifts so please, continue to the next step! 
 Now it's time to dress up the jars. You can do this a lot of different ways. You could cut a pretty circle of fabric and tie that on top of the lid and attach a tag with the recipe. I chose to go the label route. It's just quicker for me. On the front I put a label of what the item is. On the back I put the recipe (in case they run out and want to make more) and how to make the actual drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...