Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday Night Unwind

So work an odd shift on Thursdays. I work from 12:30pm until 9:00pm then i have to turn around and be into work and ready to go at 8:00am. At least tomorrow is half day so I only have to be there till noon (yay!) and then afterward is a trip to the beloved Ale Asylum here in Madison, WI for lunch... and a beer. Really good beer at that. My personal favorite is the one called Happy Ending (a Belgian abbey).
But enough about tomorrow, we need to focus on the here and now. Like that fact that I need to go to bed and I'm too wired to do so. So I like to unwind with some good tunes from time to time and a glass of wine (I'm really not a lush, but this post really isn't helping to prove that fact).
First up... a video! This is a group called The Head and the Heart. if you haven't heard of them I'd suggest pushing the play button on the video... cause they rock.
Next up is a great video by Joker's Daughter. I fell in LOVE with this entire album when I first heard it 2 years ago. Danger Mouse produced the album if that little bit of info gets you to click the play button. Not to mention the video itself is animated beautifully.

And last but not least, while we are on the subject of Danger Mouse, here is the latest albums he's put his magic touch on. The album is called Rome and it features Jack White on vocals (in this song) and also Norah Jones.


And with that I leave you all to ponder over my whole 2 posts. I unfortunately have a bed calling my name and an alarm that needs to be set for 5:45 am... just so I can hit the snooze for an hour. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...